Tomorrow is the big day! Wow, I am so excited. My mum bursts into tears every time she crosses my way. I am sorry mum but it won’t be for long and I have to become more independent, you know that my overprotective angel ;)!
The first few days will be quite stressful…Searching my apartment on Monday evening, meeting the class in Altdorf on Tuesday morning, meeting my friends on Tuesday afternoon and announcing my arrival at the GE-Language school on Wednesday morning. However, I am confused about one fact: I don’t know where the journey is heading…Tuesday morning will be the decisive!
What’s up wordpress!
I’m lying in my bed, playing silly games on my smartphone and thought about writing some lines to share something with you. Well, there are only three weeks to go until I’m going to Lucerne…
I’ve already arranged some nice Events just like a guided city tour in Lucerne or an encounter with a class in Altdorf (Uri). A teacher called Mr Helbling contacted the GE-language school to establish intercultural exchanges between his students and the language students in Lucerne… Since I know that the students in Altdorf are going read this blog entry, I send you my best wishes, good health and much love. I am very looking forward to making your acquaintance!
I’ve got to go now…I am really sorry but I’ll keep you updated!
What’s crackin’ WordPress? My friends in Lucerne started with the “interviewing myself” game quite some time ago and it seems like a lot of fun so here we go!
Hi Jen! Describe yourself in four words.
- socially responsible, open-minded, forgetful
Can you explain your response in detail?
- Sure! I am convinced that it is our duty to help people less fortunate (people who are suffering from different kinds of problems, for example drug addiction) and in order to meet this goal I have to be open-minded. Unfortunately, I am prone to losing my personal stuff every once in a while. That’s one of my bad habits…
Ok! And what are your plans for the future?
- I am young and ambitious. I am convinced that I can achieve everything I want. Determination is the key to success.
That’s quite vague…Why don’t you give a precise answer?
- There are two reasons for that: 1. I don’t know where my path is going and 2. I won’t tell you about my plans since I’ve learned that sometimes it is better to be tight-lipped…
Accepted…What inspires you?
- Definitely my mum who is always there for me and nongovernmental organizations with the goal of making the world a better place. Additionally, I love the Swiss band “77 Bombay Street”.
What are you going to do next?
- I’ll have to tidy my room because otherwise my mum will go bananas! See you my friends!
Wow, today was horrible! I don’t know why but my father called my mother from Moscow (don’t ask me what he is doing over there..). He didn’t contact us since he left and to be perfectly frank, I don’t want to have any contact to him. Mum went nuts and started to cry right after the phone call. She told me that Dad wanted to talk to me and I am supposed to know the topic of the discussion…Well, I do know why he wants to talk to me but I do not know if I am willed to engage in a conversation about this topic…I really don’t know what to do!
I guess time will tell…
A friend of mine recommended using WordPress.com in order to share some of my personal thoughts and experiences. Well, here I am and I am eager to discover this blog since it has a good reputation and my Swiss friends in Switzerland are also using wordpress. Charles Bukowski, German author and poet, once said: “Some moments are nice, some are nicer, some are even worth writing about.” And I’ll share with you just the nicest and most influential experiences of my life ;-)!
Oh, I’m sorry for being impolite…I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Jenny Smith from Norton (Virginia) but just call me Jen… I’m a high-flying youngster who is not afraid of crossing the borders every now and then. I guess I have inherited this attitude from my father, Peter Smith, who left me and my mum after a peculiar incident which I won’t explain in detail here since I don’t know you, at least most of you, well enough. Furthermore, I have a close bond to my mother Rosie and I am well acquainted with Switzerland in general and with Lucerne in particular. This summer, I am looking forward to going to Switzerland with the aim of improving my German skills at the GE-Language School (www.languageschool-lucerne.weebly.com). Well, this is it for the moment…I have to go back to school now…I’ll leave you with a few impressions of Lucerne below. Delve into my world – the world of Jen Smith !